Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beer, Food and the Full Moon

Yesterday we shipped the kids off to Grandma's house and had a rare adult-centric evening.  Our destination was our favorite pizza place about 20 minutes down the road.  Everything is 20 minutes down the road from my house.  We learned from Facebook (ah, what would we do without Facebook?) that the pizza place had an band/birthday party event scheduled, so we switched to plan b and made reservations at Oddfellas Cantina instead. 


An adorable older couple played country and bluegrass music on a mandolin and guitar while we enjoyed steak with lump crab meat, pork tenderloin with mango chutney, locally brewed Blue Mountain Brewery Kolsch 151, Shooting Creek Brewery Pumpkin Ale, and a scrumptious brownie.

Not wanting to end the night quite yet since there was still daylight, we wandered down to Dogtown Roadhouse Pizza after all to see what this 'event' was all about. 

Between Oddfellas and Dogtown, we strolled past:


Woolly Jumper Yarns
Floyd Country Store












As much as I enjoyed Oddfellas Cantina, I think I had truly been craving Dogtown's pizza.  I found myself wishing I was physically able to eat another whole dinner so that I could enjoy The White pizza (gorgonzola cream sauce, almonds and red grapes).  We ordered a few more beers and their dessert pizza.


apples, butter, cardamom and fresh cream. mmmmmm.

The event was apparently scheduled to start much later but we were amused to watch them set up, complete with black lights, projectors, a lone dancer and girl painting an abstract picture on stage while a DJ mixed it.  This back room was not opened up last time we dined.  It was surreal see a whole other room behind the dining area, bigger than the dining area itself.



Finally, I would be remiss to have been out and about during Supermoon and not post a picture of my view of this phenomenon.  Sadly, it was very cloudy so this is the best I was able to capture.



No comments:

Post a Comment