Monday, May 30, 2011

A bit of everything.

I guess I've been busy.  I haven't been very busy at any one thing, more like a lot of little things that haven't been worth blogging about really. 

I've been knitting.  Finishing existing projects and starting new ones.  I've got two that aren't officially finished until I attach the buttons.  One is a felted purse and the other is slippers, neither one appropriate for this time of year so I'm feeling no rush.  Spring is a good time of year for little portable projects, like socks and little wraps and using up leftovers.

I'm attempting to grow an avocado tree.  Why?  Eh, why not.  We've been eating a ton of homemade guacamole so I thought it'd be cool to see if I could grow anything from the seed.  This hasn't really taken up any of my time actually.  I just stuck toothpicks in the sides and stuck it down in water.  I look at it everyday, but that takes mere seconds, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. 

The seeds on May 1:


The one successfully sprouted seed today:


...this could take a while.

I've been "training".  Just saying that makes me giggle, but if I think about that way I'm more likely to stick with it.  In my mind I'm training to participate in Tough Mudder in fall 2012.  I'm working my way up.  I've been continuing with 5k races, including one with my husband and kids earlier this month.







I have registered for the Down and Dirty Mud Run in August with GoGoPance and another friend, Dez, and the Dogfish Dash 5k in September and I plan to participate in the Warrior Dash at some point.  Having these outrageous goals helps me stay motivated to run and lift and eat better.  My more immediate goal....the elusive push-up.  I can do a set of 'girly' push-ups on my knees (and I had to work towards that) but I want to do a REAL set of push-ups.   After that?  The Push Up to Plank Row...grrrrrr.




No comments:

Post a Comment