Saturday, April 2, 2011

One of Each

Just a quickie knitting progress update. 

I have slowly but surely been making progress on my skull socks.  I could probably have them done sooner if I had the courage to just drag them out whenever.  I'm still intimidated enough by the colorwork that I want conditions to be "just right" before they come out of the bag.  Just Right = no distractions, no family demands, no interesting television.  In other words, Just Right = once in a blue moon.



I have successfully finished one.  I love it.  I'm amazed by it.  There are a few mistakes, but I'll never show you where.  I think I'll just sit back and admire it for awhile before I consider starting the second one.  I'll start the second one when things are "just right".


In the meantime, I'll work on the second of the Clown Barf socks.  This is the most dreadful combo of colors.  I swear to you, I did not pick it out.  My muggle mother did.  So these are for her.  She likes them, and that's what matters.

 
She can cover them up with her slippers.



2 comments: