Monday, April 4, 2011

Yes Mamm!

I am running my very first 5k this Saturday, April 9th, in the Susan G Koman Race for the Cure®.  I'm pretty nervous but confident I can finish somewhere in the middle of the pack.  Even if I have to walk for a few seconds in the middle, I will be happy if I can finish at a run. 

It's probably safe to say that you either have boobs or love someone who does.  Breast cancer affects everyone.  If you would like to donate to help find a cure for breast cancer you have two options (one includes yarn!!).  You can purchase hand dyed yarn or fleece from At Knits End Yarns.  She has generously offered to donate a portion of every purchase to this event.  With her help, around $90 has been raised so far.  Or, if yarn/fleece is not your thing (gasp), you can donate directly here http://greaterroanokevalley.info-komen.org/goto/knitiot.  All donations go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. 



Go get your mammies grammed.  Early detection works and saves lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment