Sunday, April 10, 2011

Running for Second Base

I did it!  I ran my first 5k.  It was overcast and drizzly and cold the way spring mornings in the mountains usually are, but it was perfect.  The thunderstorms stayed away and that was the most I had hoped for.


I registered for this race to reach a personal goal - to run a 5k.  I did it in about 35 minutes (I don't have the 'official' time), which is about right for me right now.  I only had to slow to a walk once about half way through, and then only for about 30 seconds.


Added bonuses include:

Raising $120.25 towards helping women pay for mammograms, breast cancer treatment, research and awareness (with help from some friends - will blog about that later, I promise).

Spending the morning bonding with my mom and celebrating her cancer-free-ness. 


Hearing survivors' stories and putting life's 'problems' in perspective.

 
Staying abreast of all the titillating boobie puns being bounced around.

official finish time 35:01


4 comments:

  1. you rock! congrats on your 5k and to your mom of kicking the cancer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first 5K! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so proud am bursting! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GoGoKnitiot! You're the tits!

    ReplyDelete