Sunday, April 17, 2011

Progress Report

It's time for another knitting post.

I'm trying to do a bit of stash-busting right now.  I don't really have an overwhelming stash, but I like to keep it busted just the same.

Seaside Bag by Melanie Douglas (rav link) using Knit One Crochet Two Paint Box.   


Knit using two strands then felted, so it should just about use up all of this yarn.  There is a slight variation of color, which I'm not trying to match up between strands, so I'm curious to see how it all works after it has been felted.



Boatneck Pullover with Ruffle by Jan Hurwitz (another rav link) in Patons Brilliant radiant red.  I got the yarn for $1 a skein at Big Lots so I have tons of it.  A dropped-stitch, 3/4 sleeve, ruffled top.  Very fun.  Very 'not-typically-me'.  It starts with a lot of straight-up stocking stitch knitting but then you drop stitches as you bind off and add the ruffle to a provisional cast-on.


my version so far

finished version

















A cowl inspired by Habitat by Jared Flood in Alpacana Tweed.  I love this hat pattern, but the recipient specifically requested a cowl.  I figured out the pattern repeats and then will keep knitting until I'm done.


...and, of course, the always-lingering Skull Socks.  No pictures since there has been no significant progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment