Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Poem

"Where I'm From"
by my daughter
for a 5th grade assignment


I'm from the soccer field
where I kick butt!
with my mom on the sidelines
knitting and yelling "GO STEPH!"

I'm from the beach
with the wonderful salt water smell.

I'm from school
which, for me, is not such a bore.
with notebooks and grades,
good or bad,
and annoying brothers who I still adore.

I'm from the dinner table
covered with good food and good times.

I'm from sports with my dad
to sewing with my mom.

I'm from eating chocolate
with my dad
who, to him, I'm "Little Doo."

All in all, I'm from a great loving family
who at dinner yell
"DINNER, get your butts over here!"




2 comments:

  1. Awesome poem! She sounds like a young woman with her head on straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truely young woman!!

    ReplyDelete